What exactly is this mod? This is a collection of small (but noticeable) fixes I made to the meshes of a few of the male armor sets (just the ones that really stuck out to me, I haven’t examined the other armors in detail). These fixes were built using USLEEP meshes as a base, none of them are actually included in USLEEP.
Shrouded Armor Set
[/size]- Completely reshaped the armor, boots and gloves to something that fits the vanilla male body shape properly. You probably noticed your character gets significantly skinnier when wearing this armor, that’s because the entire armor has a very odd shape (probably designed for an early version of the male body and they forgot to update it?). Sleeveless variant is included as well.
– Removed the scarf from the USLEEP mesh, but kept the belt for consistency with the female version.
– Improved weighting on the arms and legs (and the USLEEP belt as well).
Dragonbone Armor Set
[/size]- Fixed clipping all over the armor, mostly with boots, gloves and the rings on the arms, and improved the cases I couldn’t fix completely.
– Fixed some bad weighting on the neck area.
– Fixed messed up normals on the USLEEP mesh for the helmet (there were seams all over it), also improved the shape of it a bit so there’s no longer hair clipping.
[/color]Dragonscale Armor Set
- This one had bad weighting all over the place, which resulted in clipping and weird deformation. This is all fixed (check the screenshots to see affected areas).
– Fixed some visible holes on the mesh (the ones you can see on normal gameplay and regular camera angles, that is).
– Added missing partitions to fix clipping with boots and gloves (gloves had to be reshaped a bit as well).
- Fixed visible hole between the body and neck.
Ancient Nord/Draugr Armor Set
– The body itself seemed to have wrong weighting and no specularity whatsoever (both on vanilla and USLEEP meshes). I removed it completely and replaced it with an edited version of the vanilla body mesh.
– Fixed some clipping with the legs and skirt when crouching. Unfortunately the clipping on this armor is quite bad on the leg area, so you’re still going to see it when walking.
– Removed thigh weighting on the boots, which was causing very bad deformation.Dawnguard Armor Set - Fixed clipping on boots and gloves (see screenshots).
Iron Armor Set
– Fixed very visible mesh hole on the back fur that appeared at any weight other than 100. This means I had to redo the weight slider, but at least the shape is more consistent between weight 0 and weight 100 as a result.
– Fixed waist belt clipping with the fur on the back.
– Fixed position of the pauldron belts in the Banded variant (the back connection to the armor was floating instead of being… well, connected).Installation
Very simple, just use your mod manager of choice to install the 7z file (I recommend Mod Organizer 2 since it doesn’t install stuff to the data folder). This mod includes only mesh files, but make sure there aren’t meshes from other mods overwriting them.Compatibility
Should be compatible with most retextures, since most of them don’t edit meshes. FrankFamily’s retextures are compatible, I didn’t edit any of the meshes he did.
I didn’t do any work on the vanilla meshes, but I did make similar fixes in my other mod for the CBBE body: Vanilla Outfits BodySlided
Maybe I’ll make a page for it eventually. In the meantime, all you have to do to use these in SSE is run the meshes through SSE Nif Optimizer
Can you fix X armor as well?Not likely. This is very boring work, the only reason I worked on these is because they reeeeally bothered me. Maybe if I notice something on an armor set I like that is bad enough to break immersion.
I consider this mod complete otherwise, there won’t be any updates to it.
Original URL: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/99044