This mod seeks to fix the camera by removing all excessive or “immersive” camera movements from both 1st and 3rd person modes. These are all the vanilla animations but just have the camera motion and FOV turned off or reduced.
– 1st person: Removed head bobbing and FOV completely. Retains footstep sound.
– 3rd person: Removed head bobbing with FOV reduced to a very low minimum. Also retains footstep sound.
– 1st Person: Removed all camera sway from every weapon type and hand to hand.
– 1st Person: Removed FOV that zooms in.
– Both: Remove camera sway. Retains stagger animation (more noticeable in 3rd person).
Note: Some animations still retains some positional movements for example “Block-Bash, Sneak-Attack” however all the swaying motions are gone. I’m unable to completely fix these motions, maybe I’ll figure it out later as I dive more into the behavior files but as of now I’m unable to locate any changes.
Kill Moves: I’m unable to make any advance in this area and will be looking into it with future release. If this is an issue for you there are mods and methods that will turn it off.
How this mod works
After hours of diving through the animation data in hex code I was able to recognize and locate the data chunk for “AnimObjectA” which is used for camera motions (swaying, bobbing, etc) then by simply Zeroing out the values this eliminated the camera motion. There was also the bit of data used for controling the FOV as seen in (sprinting, blocking) and can be adjusted to zoom in or out. If you want to learn more about this send me a message.
Troubleshoot / Suggestions
If there are any issues with this mod or suggestions feel free to let me know.
If you find any animation I may have missed please report and I’ll add it to a later update.
If there are any other knowledge of this topic please also feel free to share.
Original URL: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/96737