[font=Arial][/font][font=Arial][font=Arial]Timelost Dwemer Guide and Documentation
(Bug reports and feedback are welcome)
(Please add your screenshots! :D) [/font][font=Arial]
* Dragonborn (REQUIRED!)
* SKSE[/url] by the SKSE Team (REQUIRED!)
* RaceCompatibility by TMPhoenix (REQUIRED!)
* (NSFW link:) Schlongs of Skyrim[/url] or Schlongs of Skyrim Light (optional)
[*]- If you don’t want to use SOS, there is a never-nude male body option
[*]- adds SOS and SOS Light genitals to male deep elves
[*]- this mod uses Nuska’s elven headmorphs, which are incompatible with vanilla beards. Without Ethereal Elven Overhaul’s beard tweaks and the USLEEP update, most vanilla beards will clip through the faces of male deep elves.)
[*]- Fixes stuff and can improve your game
[*][font=Arial]- using the vanilla Helgen starting sequence is kinda not lore-friendly imo because what the heck is a Deep Elf doing crossing the border of Skyrim!!?[/font]
[*]this mod is useful for tracking the health of your automatons
* Dwarven Textures - the following mods will make your dwarven animunculi, armor, weapons, dungeons and buildings look amazing, and I highly recommend them. These are the textures that I’m using in my screenshots:
[/font] – covers many armor sets, but most importantly it retextures the dwarven set, too[font=Arial]
[*]- Dwemer Bronze and Steel – Dwarven Weapons Recolor by darkman24
[*][font=Arial]- Noble Skyrim by Shutt3r is an all around and comprehensive texture replacer that also covers everything else that’s Dwarven in the game.[/spoiler][/font]
[*]Power Claws –Increases your unarmed damage.
[*]Powered Weapons – Includes powered warhammers, greatswords, and battleaxes. Ignores 50% of enemy armor.
[*]Aetherial Power Armor– Thanks to MihailMods, we have power armor in Skyrim! Provides immunity to poison and disease, and resistance to magic. Wearing this makes you a walking tank. Although powerful, you are very slow and you can’t pickpocket or sneak.
[*]Aetherial Warhammer – Powered aetherial warhammer that staggers targets and ignores 50% of enemy armor.
[*]Atronach Cubes – Atronach Cubes come in five increasing powerful varieties. They are ingenious dwemer contraptions that absorb spell damage, and resist and regenerate magicka. Though expensive to make, they are invaluable machines to the Timelost Dwemer as they offset the effects of the Maleficarum Curse.
[*]Warp Cores – Warp Cores come in three increasingly powerful varieties. These devices augment your chronokinetic abilities, making Time Dilation and Time Warp last longer, and allowing you to Warp Jump even further. However, the damage that your chronokinetic abilities inflicts upon you increases with every Warp Core upgrade.
[*]Temporal Reversal Module – TR Modules save can save you from near-death experiences by reversing time, rapidly regenerating your health, stamina, and magicka and slowing time for three seconds.
[*]Tesseract Cube – Tesseract Cubes provide unlimited storage space within the infinite void inside them.
[*]Chronokinetic Stabilizer – Chronokinetic Stabilizers are the pinnacle of Timelost Dwemer technology: they stabilize your chronokinetic abilities, preventing them from damaging you.
This mod fully-integrates a tweaked and expanded version of TheBlackKnight3000’s Dwarven Automaton Crafting mod into the game. This mod would not have been made possible without TheBlackKnight3000’s work.
In the Timelost Dwemer – A Deep Elf Race, you may choose from up to 26 varieties of dwarven animunculi to construct and aid you in combat.
Dwemer Animunculi are advanced magical constructs designed and assembled by the Ancient Dwemer thousands of years ago. Since the disappearance of the Ancient Dwemer race, no civilization on Tamriel has been able to recreate this esoteric elven technology. These tireless machine servitors come in all shapes and sizes, from clattering arachnids, to meric androids, and to even titanic mechanical dragons.
There are four tiers of animunculi that you can unlock through the new Magecrafter perks. Each tier contains increasingly powerful and expensive animunculi that fit into different combat roles and have both strengths and weaknesses. You will be able to build automatons designed for brutal melee combat, ranged magical support, and more.
Animunculi are not summoned like spells. They must be manually deployed, stored, and repaired.
For usage instructions, you may read the ingame books you start with, or you may read the documentation for the mod, which you can find further below.
KS Hairdos – Renewal
Ashtaret, in the early days of the First Era, was the daughter of a noble family who enjoyed the finer life of the dwemer aristocracy. Belonging to the minor but respected Clan Namtara of Arkngthamz, she had access to great wealth – wealth that she squandered on her decadent and libertine lifestyle… much to the disdain of her parents. However, the discovery of aetherium in Blackreach sparked the Aetherium Wars, and many of Clan Namtara marched off to war only to be killed by their own kin. Ashtaret, with her parents and most of her friends and family dead, found herself alone for the first time in her life. Ashamed that she had done nothing but indulge in vice and vanity as her parents fell in battle and Clan Namtara burned, she swore to her ancestors that she would restore her and her family’s honor.
As the Aetherium Wars came to a close, and Arkngthamz lay in ruin, Ashtaret mustered what little of her family’s wealth that remained and delved into the science of magecrafting. From apprentice to master, Ashtaret constructed animunculi that helped rebuild and revitalize her city after the destruction of the Aetherium Wars. Centuries passed, and the the dwemer empire thrived once again – thanks in part to some of Ashtaret’s patented animunculus designs. Now, as a master magecrafter, Ashtaret had finally restored the honor and respect Clan Namtara had held in ages past. However, she was still the sole surviving progeny of her clan. With Arkngthamz restored to its former glory, she decided that it was time to settle down and start a family of her own. However, this dream was never realized.
In the 1E 700, the upstart chimer of Resadyn declared war upon their dwemer neighbors. Ashtaret joined the Arkngthamzite legion, and drilled and practiced in the art of swordsmanship in case their dwemeri allies in Resdayn called for their aid. Though far from the carnage, Ashtaret felt a strange and inexplicable force pull her into nothingness and she and the rest of the dwemer disappeared from the face of the universe.
In the void, four-thousand years passed in the blink of an eye, and once more, Ashtaret found herself in Arkngthamz – but it was not the Arkgnthamz she once knew. Surrounded by mutant falmer, Ashtaret took up arms against the vagrant savages and slew her way out of the city and into a completely different world. She looked upon the land of Skyrim and saw distant lights and cities that she could not remember. The world had changed in her absence, and once again, she found herself alone. Confused and quaking with despair, Ashtaret gathered her wits and wandered Skyrim, hoping to carve out a new life for herself in that strange new world.
Nizrok (Shield Warrior (Can wear power armor))
Nizrok was a family mer, but remained distant from his kin because of the years he spent soldiering in the dwemer legions. During his service to the kingdom of Bthar-zel, he had seen and slain at least one of every man, mer, and monster that walked the lands of Skyrim. Whenever he returned home, his children, much older than the last he saw him, would shy away from him. To them, he was nothing but a stranger in their eyes. Saddened by the rift that had grown between him and his children, Nizrok promised to his wife that he would soldier no more. Finally settling down, Nizrok looked forward to rebuilding his family and becoming part of their lives. Just as he was opening his first chthonic food emporium, the Aetherium Wars shook the foundations of the dwemer empire. Bthar-zel, his home city, conscripted every able-bodied mer to fight against the forces of Arkngthamz for control over its rich aetherium stockpile.
With a heavy heart, Nizrok donned his armor and carried his shield and axe into battle once more, leaving behind his family. The war was a devastating one, and countless dwemer perished as it raged across Skyrim. Worse, as the dwemer city-states fought among themselves, the nords saw an opportunity for conquest, and swept across Skyrim to lay claim to dwemer lands. While the legions of Bthar-zel were fighting against the Arkngthamzites, the nords preyed upon city. As the Aetherium Wars came to a close, Nizrok returned from the war to find Bthar-zel utterly destroyed. He dug through the rubble of his home until his fingers bled and he despaired. His family was nowhere to be found. His wife and children gone forever. Without a home and a family, Nizrok fell into a deep depression that threatened to consume him, and he cast himself off into the wilderness of Skyrim with nothing but his old legionary armor.
For many centuries, Nizrok wandered Tamriel as a traveling mercenary, honing his fighting skills and swinging his axe for coin until his journey came to an end in the distant lands of Resadyn. When another elven war broke out, Nizrok, empty from working the honorless job of a mercenary, thought that he could find purpose in life once more by joining the dwemer legions of King Dumac. As a weathered veteran of the Aetherium Wars, Dumac’s dwemer legions accepted him wholeheartedly into their ranks, and they marched against the chimeri armies at the Battle of Red Mountain.
It was there, in the heat of battle that Nizrok felt his skin crawl and nothingness swallowed him whole. Then, just as quickly as the darkness had come, a light erupted around him and hurled him into the carnage of the Red Year. Hunted by roving bands of argonian dunmer-slayers, Nizrok fled Resdayn – now known as Morrowind, and joined a group of dunmer refugees on their way to Solsteim. There, Nizrok settled down for the first time in centuries (or thousands of years), and it was there that he finally found peace in the loving embrace of a dunmer woman named Nirina, whom he later called his wife. This woman made him whole again, and for once he finally felt at peace.
Together, Nizrok and Nirina built a dwarven ceramics business, and he sometimes travels to the Skyrim mainland to secure trade deals with the nords of Markarth who are eager to collect his authentic dwarven art. Currently, he is stuck in Skyrim proper for the time being, unable to return to Solsteim due to Imperial and Stormcloak naval blockades around the mainland.
* I intend on fleshing out this mod more when I have the time to learn how to script spellcasting and make combat packages.
* Ashtaret and Nizrok will probably spawn a Hunting Bow into their inventory when first recruited. This is a bug that all custom followers have. You will need to remove the bow from their inventories, or they may not use their own weapons. You only need to do this once. I can’t fix this without breaking every follower mod out there, so manually removing that stupid Hunting Bow from his inventory ingame is the only way around this bug (thanks Bethesda)[/spoiler]
* I strongly recommend that you install this mod and all its requirements using Mod Organizer. You can use Nexus Mod Manager too. Just install this mod the way you’d normally install mods with those two programs.
[*][font=Arial]- Note that I won’t help you if you try installing this manually! [/font]
[*][font=Arial]- I won’t be able to help you if you install it with Vortex, because I’ve never used it. [/font]
* If you are using HDT bodies and or SOS, make sure you have their requirements installed as well
* If you are using Better Vampires, make sure that RaceCompatibility loads AFTER Better Vampires. RaceCompatibility’s scripts must overwrite Better Vampires or you won’t be able to gain Vampirism!
* If you want to make patches for my mod, I have included in the mod both Deep_Elf_Race.esm and Deep_Elf_Race.esp. You can find the .esp in the development folder.
1. Install SKSE
[*]I recommend that you install Ethereal Elven Overhaul and the EEO USLEEP Update[/url] as well, to prevent beard clipping in Deep Elf males
3. Install RaceCompatibility.
[*]If you have USLEEP installed, choose to install RaceCompatibility USKP Override as well from RaceCompatibility’s installer.
[*]If you are using Better Vampires or Sacrosanct, make sure you check that in the installer as well.[/spoiler]
4. Install The Timelost Dwemer – A Deep Elf Race. Opening The Timelost Dwemer – A Deep Elf Race.zip with your mod manager will open an installer program which will guide you through the installation process.
[*]Main Screen: Read the text on the left, then hit Next
5. Choose the Female Deep Elf body textures that match the body you are using. There is a never-nude female body option available. It is compatible with the vanilla body, and the SFW NeverNude body.
6. Choose the Male Deep Elf body textures that match the body you are using. There is a non-SOS (never-nude) male body option available. If you don’t want to use SOS, choose the SkySight Skin option when choosing your preferred male body.
[*]If you choose the SOS body or SOS Light body, you need to install the appropriate Deep Elf SOS Plugin[/url]
[*]If you choose the SkySight Skins body, you must install the SkySight Skins with Real Feet Meshes. That, or you should be using the vanilla body[/spoiler]
[/font][font=Arial]7. Check whether or not you want to install the Deep Elf Follower Plugin. This completely optional, and you don’t have to install it. Make your selections and click Install.
8. Check whether or not you want to install any compatibility patches or optional plugins. Make your selections and click Install to finish installation.
[/font] – ALTERNATIVELY: If you don’t want to do this for whatever reason, then you should install the Dwarven Power Armor Patch, or the power armor Mihail added to the game will not be on par with the power armor from The Timelost Dwemer. This plugin also removes the Thalmor General and his soldiers in the Mzulft Aerodrome because the main mod replaces them with a Timelost Juggernaut. Without this patch, you will have to fight two power-armored enemies and an army of Thalmor.
[*]If you want your Gynoids to use any of the HDT body options, you must have some variation of HDT Physics, the XP32 Maximum Extended Skeleton[/url], and FNIS[/url] or your game will crash
[*]If you want to use the Extra Automatons Plugin, you must install both Skyrim Immersive Creatures[/url] and the Mihail Dwarven Colossus mod
[*]If you are using Sacrosanct, install the Sacrosanct Patch or you will not get vampire abilities.
[*]If you are already using Mihail’s Dwarven Power Armor mod, then it is highly recommended that you either disable it (because my mod implements the same mod and assets) or uninstall it as my mod adds into the game the same power armor, but modifies its stats and implements it into the crafting system.
[*]if you are using Immersive Jewelry, install the Immersive Jewelry Patch, or the materials you need to craft the new items and automatons will be unreasonably heavy to carry.
[*]if you are using Ordinator, install the Ordinator Patch or you will not be able to access and unlock the new Magecrafter perks
9. Use LOOT[/url] to sort out your plugins, but refer to the load order guide below[/b] otherwise you MAY have issues with Better Vampires or Sacrosanct depending on where LOOT puts your RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp.
[*]If you or your Gynoids are using HDT Bodies, make sure to install XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended, HDT Physics Extensions, and FNIS.
[*]After installing FNIS, do not forget to Generate FNIS, or your feet will be sticking to the ground when you walk.
[*]If you are using any mods that modify the game’s leveled lists (such as weapon/armor mods like Immersive Weapons or Immersive Armors) I suggest you build a Bashed Patch in Wrye Bash. More info on that further below…[/spoiler]
LOAD ORDER AND BASHED PATCHES:
Use LOOT to sort out your plugins.
After finishing installation make sure that you are only using Deep_Elf_Race.esm. If you are using Better Vampires or Sacrosanct, you will need to manually sort some plugins after running LOOT:
BETTER VAMPIRES USERS:
Make sure that Better Vampires.esp loads after RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp (as seen in the picture above) or Better Vampires will not be able to apply its vampire scripts to your character ingame. This will prevent you from leveling up your Vampirism, casting certain Vampire abilities, and other problems that will give you headaches.
If you are using Sacrosanct, you should have installed the Sacrosanct Patch in the previous installation steps.
Make sure that Sacrosanct – Vampires of Skyrim.esp[/b] loadsafter RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp, and load the Deep_Elf_Race_SCS_Patch.esp loads after Sacrosanct – Vampires of Skyrim.esp (as seen in the picture above) or Sacrosanct will not work at all.
Make sure that Sacrosanct overwrites RaceCompatibility in the Left Pane (as seen in the picture above), or Sacrosanct will not work.[/spoiler]
If you are using Ordinator, you should have installed the Ordinator Patch in the previous installation steps, or you will not be able to acquire the new Magecrafter perks. When you start the game, you will be prompted by an options screen asking you what kind of Meric Smithing you would like to specialize in.
If you are using Immersive Jewelry, you should have installed the Immersive Jewelry Patch in the previous installation steps, or you will have some issues with gathering materials for the new items.
If you installed the Extra Automatons Plugin, you must load Deep_Elf_Extra_Automatons.esp AFTER both Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp (and its DLC2 addon) and mihailesocenturion.esp.
If you are already using Mihail’s Dwarven Power Armor mod, then it is highly recommended that you install the Dwarven Power Armor Patch,
or the power armor Mihail added to the game will not be on par with the power armor from The Timelost Dwemer. This plugin also removes the Thalmor General and his soldiers in the Mzulft Aerodrome because the main mod replaces them with a Timelost Juggernaut. Without this patch, you will have to fight two power-armored enemies and an army of Thalmor. BASHED PATCHES:
If you installed any optional compatibility patches, or if you are using any mods that modify the game’s leveled lists (such as weapon/armor mods Immersive Weapons and Immersive Armors) I HIGHLY recommend that you run Wrye Bash[/url] and build a Bashed Patch.
You will find advanced instructions on how to build a Bashed Patch here: STEP GUIDE: Bashed Patch.
However, if you want to just do what I do and only merge Leveled Lists (which is what is only really necessary) then follow my instructions below:
I aim to provide updates and bugfixes for this mod when I am able. These updates should not break your save, however, there are some steps you should take to make sure your character’s traits are updated properly.
Standard Updating Procedure
This is the standard updating procedure for 1.0 and above, unless specifically stated otherwise.
– Hit Tilde ~ to open the console, type in ‘showracemenu’ (without quotes) and press enter
– You will now be in the RaceMenu Screen. Make any changes you want (you don’t need to) and press R to save and finish
– You should see on the top left of your screen: “Timelost Dwemer perks and spells have been added successfully.”
Advanced Updating Procedure
Do not use this updating procedure unless specified by the mod author.
– Hit Tilde ~ to open the console, type in ‘showracemenu’ (without the quotes) and press enter
– You will now be in the RaceMenu Screen. If you are using the RaceMenu mod or ECE, I suggest that you save a character preset of your current character before continuing
– Change your character’s race to any other race
– Press R and confirm your changes, and return to the game. You should see the message at the top left of the screen: “Timelost Dwemer perks and spells have been removed successfully”
– Open the console a second time, and enter RaceMenu again
– Change your character back to a Deep Elf, load your the character preset you saved
– Press R and confirm your changes, and return to the game. You should see a message on the top left of your screen: “Timelost Dwemer perks and spells have been added successfully.” Your new skill bonuses should be applied, and the Smite ability should be in your spellbook
You may also need to rebuild your Bashed Patch if I update the leveled lists, but I will let you know if you need to.
* Compatible with all enchantment overhauls
* Compatible with Better Vampires
* Compatible with Sacrosanct (requires a patch; see installation section)
* Compatible with Summermyst
* Compatible with Immersive Jewelry (requires a patch; see installation section)
* This mod uses default Vampire eye textures, so your Deep Elves will use any Vampire eye textures you’ve personally installed
* Head Meshes and Beards
* The Deep Elf males in this mod use Nuska’s Ethereal Elven Overhaul headmorphs. Thus, they will be incompatible with the vanilla beards.
- [*]- I recommend that you download and install Ethereal Elven Overhaul, then patch it with the EEO USLEEP Update[/url] because it tweaks the vanilla beards to be compatible with Nuska’s elven headmorphs. Without EEO, your male deep elf’s beard will clip through his face![/spoiler]
You will not be able to store/deploy/craft any Dwarven NPC’s that are added by other mods. Attempting to store or capture them may break their AI.
[*]- The Extra Automatons Plugin allows you to build and deploy several animunculi from the Immersive Creatures mod, as well as Mihail’s Dwarven Colossus[/spoiler]
This mod is incompatible with any mods that edit the perk menu’s perk tree! This includes Ordinator, Perkus Maximus, etc.
[*]- There is an Ordinator patch available that incorporates the Magecrafter perks into Ordinator’s Smithing tree by integrating it into the Dwarven Autocannon perk. If you use Ordinator, you need to install this patch via the FOMOD installer!
[*]- I’m not sure if I want to make a patch for Perkus Maximus, because it seems extremely large and complex, so don’t expect one anytime soon.[/spoiler]
This mod partially incompatiblewith Mihail’s Dwarven Power Armor mod as I borrowed and edited his meshes, and edited and removed some things he added to the game (such as the random and quite frankly unimmersive Thalmor army you encounter in Mzulft for some reason). Do not use his mod and mine at the same time.
[*]- However, if you are already using his mod and can’t/don’t want to take off your load order, I made a Mihail’s Dwarven Power Armor patch available in the installer that overwrites his .esp and makes it compatible with my mod.[/spoiler]
– This mod is probably compatible with the original Dwemer Automaton Crafting, but I do not recommend using it alongside my mod as my mod expands upon and makes most of its features redundant.
– On the other hand, this mod should be compatible with Aetherial Palace Reborn as the scripts are named differently in my mod.
[*]- Make sure that you load my mod after Aetherial Palace Reborn in the left and right panes of Mod Organizer. My mod was overwrite all of its files.[/spoiler]
[*]- Should not overwrite any body/texture mods! This mod uses whatever body mods you have installed, and its textures are contained in their own folders and thus should not overwrite any mods
[*]- Some face texture mods may be incompatible and may make your face discolored or brighter than the rest of the body. You should be using a face texture mod that’s compatible with the Demoniac Skin, like Mature Skin Textures[/spoiler]
[*]As far as I know, this mod is incompatible with Requiem and other combat overhauls
[*]I am not interested in rewriting and re balancing my entire mod just to make it work with Requiem, so please don’t ask me to
[*]I did include the .esp version of Deep_Elf_Race in each download (it can be found in the development folder). So feel free to make patches for your favorite overhauls. Please PM me if you’ve made any patches so I can add it to this mod’s optional downloads.[/spoiler]
USING YOUR OWN TEXTURES
If you want to use your own custom textures to fit your custom body meshes, all you need to do is replace this mod’s textures with yours.
Simply drag and drop your textures (such as femalebody_1.dds, femalebody_0.dds, etc) into the following folder:
…The Timelost Dwemer – A Deep Elf RaceTexturesdeep elfmale
…The Timelost Dwemer – A Deep Elf RaceTexturesdeep elffemale
Click yes to overwrite any files if asked.
I wrote up a thorough and detailed documentation for this mod.
The documentation covers the following topics:
* Installation instructions
* Descriptions for all the extra/optional plugins
* Descriptions and (specific and relative) stats of the spells, perks, weapons, armors, and automatons added by this mod
* Gameplay tips
* Detailed crafting guide with charts/material lists for all the items and automatons added to the game
* Automaton use and maintenance
Here is a link to the documentation: The Timelost Dwemer Guide and Documentation[/spoiler]